- EXPERIENCE / SKILLS: The Specified Persons must have the skills, tertiary qualifications, and demonstrated experience necessary to perform the specified tasks:
▪ Business Analysis Plan
▪ Business Requirements Specification
▪ Business case (to address identified shortcomings in the current CAF16 systems (as required) and related tool
▪ Functional Performance Specification (SW Tool Functionality)
▪ Non-functional Specification (Hardware, Performance Requirements, Safety Requirements, Environmental Compliance)
▪ Systems Engineering Lifecycle
▪ Software Development Lifecycle
▪ ICT Network Architecture
ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE CRITERIA FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Understanding of modern networking, computers and operating systems; high level skills with corporate tools such as SP, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and similar applications; NV1 clearance.
- Demonstrated practical experience in requirements development for Defence, or related projects through needs analysis, requirement definition and capability concept documents development. Experience in the Joint; Land, Maritime Force environment would be highly regarded.
- Preferred formal tertiary or technical qualifications in engineering in a systems discipline if possible. Must be a MIEAust and CPENG accreditation would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of the following – requirements engineering, the wider systems engineering discipline, technical regulation, and development of specifications and statements of work, design review, system integration, configuration management and risk analysis.
- Ability to work as part of a technical team and successfully liaise with users, system program offices, CASG E&T and external contractors as necessary to achieve set tasks and milestones.
- Well developed written, oral, negotiation, interpersonal and liaison skills. Experience in working closely with industry and scientific organisations would be well regarded.
- Experience in use of and knowledge of Air C2 systems and applications (or equivalent Army/Navy systems);
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
- Experience in a Chief Engineer or Lead Engineer role responsible for ensuring system and product integration across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership for driving issue resolution and mitigating technical risk
- Experience in working agile model based system engineering environment
- Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered