Length of contract – 12m
Site location – Canberra
Essential Qualification/Experience/Work Environment:
- Understanding of modern networking, computers and operating systems; high level skills with corporate tools such as SP, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and similar applications; NV1 clearance.
- Demonstrated practical experience in requirements development for Defence, or related projects through needs analysis, requirement definition and capability concept documents development. Experience in the Joint; Land, Maritime Force environment would be highly regarded.
- Preferred formal tertiary or technical qualifications in engineering in a systems discipline if possible. Must be a MIEAust and CPENG accreditation would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of the following – the wider systems engineering discipline, technical regulation, and development of specifications and statements of work, design review, system integration, configuration management and risk analysis.
- Ability to work as part of a technical team and successfully liaise with users, system program offices, CASG E&T and external contractors as necessary to achieve set tasks and milestones.
Desirable Qualification/ Skills/ Experience:
- Experience in use of and knowledge of Air C2 systems and applications (or equivalent Army/Navy systems);
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
- Experience in a Chief Engineer or Lead Engineer role responsible for ensuring system and product integration across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership for driving issue resolution and mitigating technical risk
- Experience in working agile model based system engineering environment